PLATTE, S.D. — Platte-Geddes opened its boys basketball season on Saturday with a home triumph over Andes Central/Dakota Christian, winning 64-29.
For the Black Panthers, Hayden Sprik had 18 points and nine rebounds, with 12 points and nine rebounds from Tanner Dyk. Jye Bailey also had nine points. The Black Panthers had 13 steals in the win, with three each from Parker Bailey and Sprik.
Peter Backes had nine points for ACDC, which had 20 turnovers.
Platte-Geddes (1-0) will host Scotland on Dec. 11. ACDC (0-1) will host Ethan on Dec. 12 in New Holland.
- Jeff Boschee scored 17 points for Sanborn Central/Woonsocket to pick up a 65-29 road win over Sunshine Bible Academy. Payton Uecker had 12 points for the Blackhawks, who also picked up nine points from Cody Slykhuis. SBA shot 22.2% from the field in the loss and SCW had a 48-30 edge in rebounds.
- Hanson held a 14-point lead after three quarters and held on late for a 59-56 win over Ethan on Saturday. Four Beavers were in double-figure scoring, led by Alyssa Moschell’s 17 points and eight rebounds. Taziah Hawkins had 12 points, Eliza Oltmanns had 11 points and Kylie Haiar had 10 points. Marissa Storm had a game-high 25 points and seven steals for Ethan, with Ava Lingemann logging 14 points and eight assists.
- Andes Central/Dakota Christian picked up a road win at Platte-Geddes on Saturday by a 44-29 margin. Mahpiya Irving had 15 points and six assists for the Thunder, with 10 points and nine rebounds from Halle Olson. Karly VanDerWerff had 14 points and eight rebounds for P-G.
- Liz Boschee had 24 points on 11-for-16 shooting for Sanborn Central/Woonsocket in a 64-14 road win over Sunshine Bible Academy. Kennadie Ochsner had 15 points for SCW, which outscored SBA 20-0 in the first quarter and led 40-4 at halftime.
- Kinsey Evans had 13 points for Chamberlain in a 48-43 win at Todd County. Jayda Handel had 13 points for the Cubs, who outscored the Falcons 16-9 in the fourth period. Payton Leroy had a game-high 24 points for Todd County.
- Avon scored 35 of its 51 points in the middle two quarters on Friday night for a 51-35 win over Marty. McKenna Kocmich had 18 points and Rilyn Thury had 11 points and 12 rebounds for the Pirates, who got 10 rebounds from Courtney Sees.
Our newsroom occasionally reports stories under a byline of “Mitchell Republic.” Often, the “Mitchell Republic” byline is used when rewriting basic news briefs that originate from official sources, such as a city press release about a road closure, and which require little or no reporting. At times, this byline is used when a news story includes numerous authors or when the story is formed by aggregating previously reported news from various sources. If outside sources are used, it is noted within the story.